Sunday 31 October 2010

Ball Games in Brent

It's the Season of the Witch tonight. Sadly, it is also the season for putting bombs into toner cartridges somewhere in a dusty cess-pit in Yemen and then getting UPS to try and deliver them to Chicago via an airport in Castle Donington.

Fortunately these knavish plans were frustrated and David Cameron has again telephoned Barack Obama, presumably to inform him that the Derbyshire area is not worth visiting. He might also have told him that the UK and the US will continue to stand together to prevent angry men from the Arabian Peninsular blowing us all up.

I have also noticed on television tonight, that an American 'Football' aka 'gridiron' match is taking place at Wembley Stadium, or as I like to call it, the Flatfoot Stadium (it has a fallen arch).

The Denver Broncos are taking on the San Francisco 49'ers approximately 5,000 miles away from home. Personally if I wanted to watch grown men hurling themselves around the place in ridiculous outfits I'd watch Ninja Warrior, but judging by the packed stands it seems that plenty of us Brits are fans of this most American of sports and....well, anything that plays it's part in transatlantic harmony is fine by me.

President Barack Obama is soon to discover how popular he is in his home country as the American's go to the polls for their mid-term elections in a couple of weeks time. I'm not sure what the general mood is over there right now or whether the Democrats will be trounced by the Republicans, the Libertarians, the Tea-Party, the Karaoke Mob or anyone else but I'm just hoping that my flag will have 100 signatures by 2012 otherwise I'm going to have to find a new rhyming title for the project.

Anyway aside from all that, may I be the first person to wish you all a very Happy Halloween/ All-Saint's Day/ Samhain or watever else you call it in your own personal coven.