Tuesday 15 June 2010

Reply - Jeffrey Archer

This time a reply in the affirmative to my request from one of the 500 on the list and from an author….like me….albeit a slightly more prolific, well respected and affluent one than myself.

Lord Archer of Weston-super-Mare - a lovely place, great mini-golf course as I recall -or Jeffrey Archer if you prefer, has agreed to sign the Union Jack flag with a message to President Obama.

Ooh, I wonder what he’ll write.

So yes, a kindly lady by the name of Alison, who acts as PA to Jeffrey, sent me a delightful email in which she mentioned, amongst other things that:

“Jeffrey would be happy to add his name to any flag that will be auctioned off for the Help for Heroes charity” (as will one of mine) and so I am in the process of co-ordinating a suitable time and place to meet said peer.

That meeting will be reported on in an exclusive update on this website once it has happened.

Exclusive because no-one else in the media has the slightest clue about what I’m doing...and you are the only person reading this