Thursday 1 July 2010

Reply - Boris Johnson

The Mayor of London aka Boris Johnson will hopefully be signing the flag in the not too distant future. However, he may be signing it without me being in the vicinity and frankly, I’m not altogether upset about having to drop the flag off at City Hall and waiting for it to be returned to me by post, since surely having BoJo’s message to Barack inscribed on it would be something of a feather in my cap.

I am informing you of this having just received the following email from a kindly lady named Ann who works out of the Mayor’s office. Incidentally, I’m not sure why writing the expression ‘who works out of the Mayor’s office’ makes me think of Gotham City and Batman, but it does.

Anyway:

"Dear Mr Segal,

The Mayor is always happy to sign items for charity. His diary is very full and we are unable to facilitate a specific meeting for the purpose.

Please send or leave the flag at City Hall for signing with full details and we will be happy to arrange to have the flag signed."

So that's all good then, President Obama will at some stage in the future, be reading a message on a flag that has been directed to him by the Mayor of London.

I will have acted as the human fulcrum in this conveyance.