Saturday 10 July 2010

Ricky Gervais, Nick Faldo, David Milliband...

....and 27 other assorted individuals will soon be getting my letter beseeching them to sign my two flags (One to be sent to President Obama, the other two be auctioned off for the Help for Heroes charity).

You see once upon a time, not so long ago - six days to be exact - I mentioned that many of the 500 iconic British individuals on my list had not replied to me, largely because they hadn't yet received my letter nor had a clue about what I was doing.

Therefore, as of tomorrow I will be sending out my letters to the following strange bedfellows:

John Cleese Catherine Tate Nick Faldo Gail Porter William Hague John Barrowman Ricky Gervais David Milliband Terence Conran David Walliams Colin Montgomerie Richard Wilson Gary Bushell Kate Winslett Damien Hirst Delia Smith Professor Stephen Hawking Rebecca Adlington Andrew Motion Kelly Holmes Polly Toynbee Bill Oddie David Haye Johnny Vegas Robbie Williams Maggie Smith Callum Best David Mitchell Steve Ryder Julie Etchingham

I'm not going to pretend that this list of names has been arranged in an odd, traffic-light colour coordinated scheme for any particular reason, ie that those in green are likely to reply and those in red aren't....I just think it looks pretty.

And yes I am heterosexual, not that there's anything wrong with blah blah blah

So the important question, other than whether I've spelled 'professor' correctly, is will any of these illustrious 30 actually get back to me.

Who knows or dares to dream.

Well, me actually.